Thursday, April 01, 2004

Recipe Update

So, I apologize for the lack of posts- I've been terribly busy at work and home trying to get ready for my office's move and Pesach. However, I did make an AMAZING meal in this past week, and had to share it:

Put a whole chicken (cut into 8 pieces, with or without skin) in a crock pot.
Dump a 10-oz bottle of Bennet's Chili Sauce over the chicken.
Add about 1/4 cup water.
Cover and cook on low about 6 hours.
Eat.

It's that easy, people! And the only points would be for the chicken, depending on what piece you eat and whether you eat the skin, plus 1 to account for the chili sauce. Reheats extremely well, and quite the forgiving recipe- Thanks to my mom for the suggestion!

Also, as an update to the potato recipe I posted last week- The original recipe I saw suggested using ranch seasoning (or onion soup). I used onion soup the first time, and the potatoes were amazing. Last night we tried ranch, seeing as we had a packet to use up before Pesach and we both love ranch seasoning. AWFUL! just terrible. Stick with onion soup- it's cheaper, it's tastier, and if you use the ranch packet to make dip, you could dip the onion-soup-potatoes in the ranch dip... much better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home