Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Clothes and Budget

Last Sunday, I spent two months' budgeted allotment on clothes (12 pieces all told), and STILL don't feel like I have what to wear in the morning without re-wearing an outfit from the previous week. I feel like I've been on a skeleton wardrobe for a year, and to be honest, I'm so sick of shopping.

Part of the reason, no most of the reason, is that I feel so nervous spending all that money! I mean, TJ Maxx has been my one-stop-shop for all things apparel for the past year, because I can't seem to justify spending more than $25 on a pair of pants which isn't even going to fit in two months' time. I bought my first pair of pants that are supposed to last me until after goal (my first pair of official Gap jeans), and even they could be smaller.

I'm trying to picture what it would be like to have a closet full of clothes that fit, are comfortable, are appropriate for the myriad of occasions we are blessed to attend, and aren't going to fall apart after three washings. High quality, fashionable, well-tailored clothes that I feel proud to walk around in. Basically, I don't think I really know what it's like to have a wardrobe- as opposed to simply having that which keeps me from going about naked!

Sometimes I think I should just wear my old clothes and hold 'em up with paperclips until someone writes in to "What Not to Wear" and then I'll have $5,000.00 to spend on all new stuff! Really, people- give me one good excuse to spend a month's worth of salary (not just the budgeted allotment) on new clothes, and bar me from shopping the clearance racks. I don't think I can take one more size-sorted or color-sorted store! Give me the Gap, Express, Neimann Marcus, Ann Taylor, Field's- where the clothes are sorted according to style and coordinates.

credit cards, take me away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home