Friday, March 12, 2004

Ok, I this is a little outdated, but I think I may have noticed something in my medication. I know that there are these myths about BCP (birth control pills) that they make you gain weight. In fact, some women who take BCP gain weight because the hormone change makes them 'snacky', the same way some women eat a lot either right before or during their periods. Some people have also said that when you first take BCP you gain about 5 pounds, but it goes away when you stop- I think this is water weight.

So, two WIs (weigh-ins) ago (3/4/04), I lost 2.2 pounds, and dropped below 150 lbs for the first time ever. I was officially within 10 pounds of my goal weight, and had dropped into the next point target level (20 points/per day as opposed to 22). Then, yesterday at WI, I gained 1.8. Now, I didn't confess this here earlier, but rather than drinking my way through Purim, I ate my way through. I think I had about 20 points just in candy while waiting for DH's concert to start (THANKS, BRYAN!!!) As posted earlier, I haven't been able to find it in me to exercise this past week, and with the bits of nausea I'm feeling over the last two days, I haven't been getting my water in as regularly as before. But to be swinging back and forth by TWO POUNDS per week, is a little drastic at this stage in my WL (weight loss) game. I've been OP (on program) for over a year now, and a change of 1 pound is a lot, let alone 2 pounds!

So, I did some other evaluating- am I wearing a heavy outfit? did I eat something very high in sodium on Wednesday? Did I have a lot to eat or not go to the bathroom before WI? no, no, no... did my medication change? AH-HA! I was on my off-week of BCPs on 8/4/04. I lost 2.2 pounds. I had been back on BCPs for nearly a week as of 8/11/04, and I gained 1.8 pounds! I do have to say I was very affected (yay) by the loss of 2.2 pounds and very nervous (oh, shit) about this week's WI, but figuring that whole BCP thing out has made me feel a bit better.

Ok, so I probably truly lost 0.6 or 0.8 on 8/4, and I probably either gained 0.2 or 0.4 (or even maybe stayed the same) this past week. It's just a little tidbit to store in my mind for the next time I'll be WI-ing during my BCP off-week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home