Monday, February 23, 2004

Weekend Report

Well, this weekend was a relaxed weekend. I ate what I was going to eat, chose wisely, and even though I ate more than half my flex points for the week, I had Shabbat lunch at a friend's house with a great crowd, went out for dinner on Sunday with friends who we haven't seen in a while, and started making my chocolate Mishloach Manot.

I'm not going to list out what I ate, as it really doesn't matter in the mental aspects of Weight Watchers. Rather, I'm going to use this venue to work out how I feel; my thoughts on the process and life in general.

On Sunday, I spent a good hour and a half with Adin, which was really the highlight of my weekend. He's so great- he actually WANTS me to pick him up! I'm so glad I let the shopping and laundry aside to spend time with him.

I also got through a very difficult time on Sunday after being frusterated not finding the stuff I need for truffles (and being quite overwhelmed at how hard chocolate can be to work with). I really just wanted one of those hard-icing-covered sugar cookies (Zelda's are the best!), but I had couscous and a roll with salatim, instead, and for the crunchy-craving, I had 9 cups of air-popped popcorn. It actually worked! I no longer desperately crave an 8-point cookie! All told, I did end up eating 11 points, but 11 points of stuff that constituted a lunch, and filled me up. Most of all, I didn't use junk food to overcome my frusteration.

I worked out yesterday morning at Curves (thank you for joining me, Sarah, I love exercising with you!), and I did the 2-mile WATP (Walk Away the Pounds) routine, AND I even did about 7 minutes of Pilates at Sarah's house... I'd really like to be that person who exercises every day and doesn't dread it... I almost feel like I'm there!

So, I want to publicly (or as public as this non-advertised blog is) thank Lisa for all your support last Thursday. I didn't plan a single thing for this week, but you're right- after being OP (on program) for over a year, I know what I can make from basic staples in the fridge, and there's more to life than points. So, thank you for pointing out the obvious and not making me feel stupid that I couldn't see it on my own!

Oh, and by the way, I lost 2 pounds last week, and my BMI dropped below 27%. [insert smily face here]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home