Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Yesterday's report

Yesterday was not exactly a stellar day. First of all, a friend at work (who decided to start Atkins yesterday) brought in a bag of Snickers bites and left 'em at the receptionist's desk... and I swear, I was the only one in the office who noticed them. I ate a full serving by the end of the day, which is 13 pieces. It's amazing how two here, three there really adds up to a lot- they cost me 5 POINTS! So, even though I didn't have my cottage cheese, I didn't get to have my milk, either, 'cause I had the stupid chocolate bites! (they were good, don't get me wrong, but I really should have had my calcium).

I also decided it was ok to use some Flex Points for 'what my mind wants'... (see below for an explanation of 'what my mind wants') I had 9 cups of air-popped popcorn (3) with spray butter (0) while watching Pretty in Pink. But, I had the points for it, and it kept me from finishing the rest of the tortellini primevera, and that would have cost me 7 points instead of 3.

My leader explains to new members that your Points target is what your body needs, and the 35 Flex Points are what your mind wants. I like that explanation, but I would extend it a bit and say the Points target is what your body needs, and the Flex points are for a) what your mind thinks your body needs and b) what life throws at you. Last night, my mind thought my body needed 9 cups of popcorn, and it threw a Molly Ringwold movie at me!

Anyways, I did exercise, even though I just wanted to stay home, which was an accomplishment. I also drank 72 oz water... not my 100, but still got my WW requirement in. I was 1 short on fruits and veggies, and missed my calcium altogether. Overall, not my most stellar day, but now that I think of it, not my worst, either.

Focus on the positive- I think I did A-ok, if I do say so myself! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home