Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Yesterday's Report & Assorted Thoughts

Last night DH and I had a wonderful, family dinner, at a table- with plates- and placemats- and wine. It was a very nice (if not cliche) evening, spent with my favorite person in the world.

The best thing about yesterday's eating was that I drank all my 100 oz water! I think this is the first time I have actually drank all 100 oz in almost a week! Now, if I can just keep it up...

We ended up not going to the shiva house at the request of our friend's DF (dear fiance), as there have been literally hundreds of people in and out over the past week, and it can get pretty overwhelming. Which means, I didn't have to worry about being tempted by all the sweets. So, I had the glass of wine in place of my banana, and at the end of the night, I had one point left before my daily target, so I had a 2-point chocolate chip banana muffin. I'm pretty sure that means I have used 12.5 flex points this week, and since I'm definitely not over-eating today, maybe DH and I can go out to that steakhouse, afterall! We'll see how WI (weigh-in) goes tomorrow, as well as my meeting with Lisa (my WW leader).

Lisa, by the way, is amazing, awesome, and real. I highly encourage people to seek her out, and she is truly a mentor for me. My long-term goal is to be a WW leader. I want to lead a Kosher meeting and encourage frum (and not-so-frum) Jewish women to become more educated about nutrition, and take better care of their bodies. The Curves I go to in Licolnwood is run by a good friend who is frum, and I really love to see the women working out in snoods and skirts. I really wish there was more outreach to married women, especially, encouraging them to eat in a healthy manner, and to take care of themselves. I say married women because it seems to me that there are enough peer pressures in the high school and teen years to prevent frum girls from becoming overweight. Quite on the contrary, I seem to see a lot of frum girls who seem to need an education on what is healthy and what is too skinny. Though I have no firm information to this end, I truly think that there is a lot of pressure put on teenage girls in the frum world to be pretty, thin, attractive- but tzinut- so as to make a good match for marriage. If that is the case, then it would follow that married women don't have such concerns, and can gain weight all they want- they've made their match, and there isn't the same pressure to not gain weight.

So, off my tangent- I want to be a WW leader in a Kosher setting, to try to help those who keep Kosher and KNOW why it's important to eat healthy and maintain a healthy (not low, not high) weight, as well as to demonstrate to the world that shrimp and pork chops aren't the only low-point high-protein options out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home