Wednesday, March 24, 2004

So many excuses, so little motivation

This blog is an archive of my emotional and mental process of weight loss, so I feel the need to post my plethora of excuses as to why I'm not posting my plans, nor planning out my weeks' food, nor shopping for veggies, nor exercising...

Passover is two weeks away, therefore:
1) I'm not buying new chametz to just 'sell' them for Passover, and I save myself the trouble of packing them away for Passover
2) I don't have the time to exercise or shop for groceries because I need to concentrate on cleaning my house for Passover and buying a new outfit for the highly-fashion-conscious shul (synagoge) at which DH and I will be attending services.
3) I'm not cooking a lot of dishes to have for the week because of the lack of chametz ingredients (see #1) and so as not to make dishes that will have to be washed, therefore taking up time (see #2)
4) I'm eating what is in the house without too much regard for the POINTS because that way I use up the chametz in the house (see #1).
5) Since there is so much cleaning to do around the house, I'll earn AP (activity points) doing the housecleaning, therefore I don't have to go to exercise. {NOTE: this assumes I'm actually DOING the cleaning... and I just scheduled the cleaning lady for next week. I doubt there are too many AP's to be earned dialing a 10-digit number}

I have reached a point where I am five pounds away from goal, and therefore:
6) I know I will be able to lose those five pounds in about a month once I put my mind to it, so why not save my mind for more pressing/time-dependent issues (see #1-4).
7) I'm pretty much at the size I will be when I'm done losing weight, so I'm 'testing' out if I know how to do the maintenance portion of WW.
8) Once I hit goal, I have to maintain for six weeks to hit lifetime. Passover is two weeks away- I don't know that I'll be able to stay OP that much during Passover, and I'm expecting a bit of a gain- so if I work hard to lose a couple pounds before Passover, that's like having to lose 'em TWICE!!
9) I've come such a long way, I should enjoy it for a little while- so as not to forget how good I've been!
10) I'm so hungry!

There you go, Becky's top ten excuses as to why she's not OP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home