Thursday, March 18, 2004

Gaining an inch can be a good thing!

My entire adult life, I've thought I was 5'3". However, most of my friends who KNOW they are 5'3" claim that I am taller than them... So, last night I was measured at a new Curves location with one of the "chu-chunk" scales like they had at pediatricians' offices, and it turns out my friends were all correct- I'm actually 5'4" and a 'smidgen', according to the Curves employee who measured me.

Why is this significant, you ask? I will tell you. Weight Watchers bases their goal ranges on height. The taller you are, the higher your goal weight can be, within limits. So, my WW goal weight had been 141.0, because that was the top of the range for someone 5'3". The top of the range for someone who is 5'4" is 145.0. Personally, my goal weight is, and has been since I started this fakochta process a year ago, 145.0, and my goal size is 10. I've been a size 10 for about 10 pounds now, and actually own some bottoms that are size 8... So, in gaining an inch, I 'lost' 4 pounds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home