Monday, March 22, 2004

Passover Recipe call!

I've been trying to think of a good excuse to give you all for using the new comment feature on my blog, and I came up with one that I actually need help with!

Passover is coming up (April 5-13), and DH are going to be home together for the first time this year. So, we are changing our entire apartment over, and will be making all our own foods. Now, if hypoglycemia and kashrut aren't enough to add to the Points system, I now have to add the Pesach (Passover) requirements, of no legumes, leavened bread or leavening agents. A lot of my 'stock' food items fall into this category, rendering them inedible for the week of Pesach. I'm not even allowed to OWN them!

So, I'm looking for recipes. Beware: no corn or corn products (ie: corn oil, corn syrup, corn starch, etc), no beans, no bread (read: pita, tortilla, pasta, etc), no rice... well, here's a good explanation of the 'forbidden' items from Aish.com.

Give me your recipes and ideas! If you don't know the Points, don't worry- I have recipe builder. If you don't know if they will work for Passover, don't worry- I eat the rest of the year, too, and could use the recipe then! If you don't cook, don't worry- we'll leave spaces open at our table!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home