Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Sukkot!

After much deliberation regarding the liability issue with erecting a sukkah in the parking lot of our new condo building, DH and I will be builing our sukkah tonight. In our parking space. Erev Sukkot. That is, after Farbrengiton practice. Oy.

That brings me to... yontif meals! Our schedule is: Wed night out. Thurs noon hosting 2 friends, Thurs afternoon sukkah party at the Rockin' Royalton, Thurs eve out. Fri afternoon with family (out), Fri/Shabbat eve hosting anyone and everyone. Shabbat lunch out. "But Becky," you ask, "what pray tell are you serving?" JR, here ya go- my menus:

Thursday lunch will be a traditional Strachan Big Breakfast complete with The Mother, and The Other for me, pancakes, scrambled eggs with sauteed onions (my new favorite breakfast), lox on bagels and cream cheese, smoked chubbs, OJ, milk and vegetarian sausage.

Friday night will be Salmon-Spinach-Gefilte Fish, chicken soup w/ matzo balls for those who are interested, maybe meatballs (haven't decided what to do with the extra-lean ground beef), Unfried Chicken, guacamole, salatim, and homemade angel food cake (my first attempt with my new tube pan).

In contrast to Rosh HaShannah, this time we have a plan- and far less produce! Hey- it's good to start a new year with variety!

Gut Yontif and Shabbat Shalom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home