Tuesday, September 28, 2004

I Have a Weight Problem

My whole life, I've had a weight problem. I was sharing this with DH, and wondering if I'd ever get used to seeing myself as something other than 'the fat girl' or 'the one with a weight problem'. DH reasoned that maybe I didn't have to- because I do have a weight problem... I just also have a weight solution. I like that idea!

The other part of this is that people who didn't know me pre-weight-loss don't necessarily know that I have a weight problem, or ever did. Most of the time, when I meet someone who is not overweight, I assume they simply don't have to watch what they eat, and have never had issues with weight. This is very often, I'm finding, simply not true.

Last year I went to a wedding of a friend of mine in Lakeview, and shortly after the engagement was announced, I met his fiance for the first time. She's absolutely beautiful, and probably a size 4 or 6. At the wedding, she was the absolute picture of a bride- you could put her bridal portraits in a magazine, really! In talking with her, WW came up- and she told me she loves WW- lost 45 pounds on WW! Having met her only post-weight-loss, I had simply assumed she couldn't possibly understand what I was going through. Just goes to show (me), you can never judge a person by what they look like currently. The uberfrum girl sitting next to you could have become BT last week, the dredlocked guy on the bus could have a PhD, and the thin people in your life very well may not have always been so.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You see, I have what doctors call, a bit of a 'weight problem'"


-DH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home