Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Sheva B'rachot Festive Meal Menu

Tonight I am hosting sheva b’rachot for Eli & Miryam (Mazel Tov!), who were married this past Sunday. Now, I love to cook, I love to host, and I love to celebrate- but being a dedicated WW, sometimes big dinners at my house present a problem in how do I make food that everyone will like, but that is also low points- how do I make sure that leftovers don’t ruin my week, while also keeping the celebratory spirit in the menu? I spent about an hour (doing laundry) making up a menu from Weight Watchers Entertains cookbook (an excellent buy!) and came up with a menu that I’m so proud of! My guests will be able to have one serving of each dish and eat only 19 points! That sounds like a lot, but if you think about it, it’s dinner (usually about 7-8 points for me), and then you use about 10 flex points, which is less than a third of what you get for the week! Pretty good for a festive meal, eh? Here’s my menu:

Bridal Punch – 2
Sesame & Poppy Seed Dinner Rolls – 2
Smoked Salmon & Cucumber Canapes – 2
Green Salad w/ Fat-Free Italian Dressing – 0
Chunky Balsamic Mushrooms – 1
Last Minute Lasagna – 5
Slow-Cooked Salmon with Cucumber Riata – 5
Asparagus & Sugar Snap Pea Toss – 2


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home