Thursday, June 03, 2004

I Had a Perfect Day!

I had a perfect day today! I drank 64 ounces of water (I always shoot for 100 oz, but 64 is the minimum recommended- eight 8-oz glasses), I had my multivitamin, I ate 5+ fruits/veggies, I had three servings of calcium, and I ate exactly 21 points (1 over target, but I have my flex to use). The only thing I didn't do today was exercise- that exercise point will appear in a not-so-distant post.

Just for kicks, here's my online journal for my perfect day:

Morning
1/2 cup Dean's Lowfat Cottage Cheese 2
1 Starbucks Soy Latte, Grande 4
Subtotal 6

Midday
Unfried Chicken 6
Subtotal 6

Evening
1 Tbsp imitation bacon bits 0.5
1/2 cup canned mushrooms 0
7 oz baked potato 3
1 Parkay Spray 0
1 Eggplant Parmigiana 3
Tel Aviv Vegetable Soup 0
Subtotal 6.5

Snacks
1 medium banana(s) 1.5
1 medium orange(s) 1
Subtotal 2.5

Total Food POINTS used 21
Food POINTS Balance -1

I got all of my water in by buying a 24-oz sport bottle in the morning, and made sure that whenever I got any inkling whatsoever of wanting something (even if it was wanting a smoke), I would have some water. I also used an old technique- I put it on my desk next to my computer monitor, and every time I see it, I have to drink from it. You get real good at not looking to the left of the monitor that way.

I remembered my multivitamin thanks to the check-off icons on the online journal through WW online. I wanted to check off the multivitamin icon, but wouldn't let myself until I took it. I don't know how long that will last, but it worked today, right? I got my calcium in through 'multitasking my food'. I hardly ever eat anything that doesn't satisfy at least two, if not three or more, needs. This morning, I started with a Grande Sugar-Free Vanilla Soy Latte from Starbucks (4 points per Starbucks' Website, where you can get nutritional information for most of their products). Starbucks, FYI, uses calcium-fortified Silk Soy Milk, and therefore it counts as a milk. This quadruple-teaming latte accomplished the following:

1) Woke me out of my 7:55 a.m. stupor
2) Warmed me up (Could someone please explain why it's freaking June, and it was 55 degrees out this morning?!)
3) Gave me my milk for the day (Grande = 16 oz = 2 cups of milk)
4) Gave me that I'm-treating-myself-'cause-I'm-grumpy feeling with no WI-after-guilt.

My third milk came from the cottage cheese, which also double-teamed in that it's high protein.

Anyways, I was just happy to see that I had such a near-perfect OP day, especially coming off of Shavuot, weddings, camping, etc etc etc...

Now I'm off to more etcetera... Going to Memphis for Amara & Ely's wedding (Mazel Tov!) tomorrow afternoon, so I'll see you all next week.

Now get some sleep!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home