Friday, May 14, 2004

WI Update & Correction

On Wednesday I posted that when I started WW, I weighed 196- not true. I weighed 193.6, so I have a bit more to go before I hit 50 pounds lost.

However, my estimate was close but not exact in that I thought I'd be around 147... I'm less! Ok, not so much less, but as posted earlier, I'm a stick of butter less! My WI was 146.8, which is 1.8 pounds from my personal goal of 145.

Oh, and I also learned that for my height (5'4"), the WW range is 134 - 140 (with absolute limits at no less than 113 and, for women 45+, no more than 145). So, I have to revise my official WW goal to 140, even though my personal goal ever since I started has been 145.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Well, Weight Watchers will allow you and your doctor to set a goal weight that is appropriate for you (taking into account things like medical conditions, age, body structure, etc.). However, my long term goal is to be a meetings leader, and WW requires their employees' weight to fall within their range.

I have found, also, that I never personally believed I could weigh less than 150- I suffer from a mild blood-sugar disorder called hypoglycemia which requires me to eat just about every 3 hours. That fact, coupled with the fact that I have always been a big girl, had me believing any weight in the 140's was not healthy or attainable for me. I have since found out otherwise. My blood pressure has dropped, my BMI has dropped, I have more energy, and I rarely feel deprived or truly physically hungry I believe that most, though not all, of the general population can achieve and maintain the weights WW has set up. It takes practice and discipline, but it is possible.

Thank you for your comment! I hope you return!

-Becky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home