Friday, May 14, 2004

I Love My Mommy

My mom is in town for a CME (continued medical education) conference and has been staying with me for the past two nights. It's so nice to have my mommy around.

Last night we went shopping, and for the first time in my life, we had a good time! It wasn't that I didn't used to have fun shopping with my mom before, but I just generally didn't like shopping. It's hard to enjoy shopping when the things you want to buy just don't look good because you're not happy with your weight- Now that I'm able to wear the hot fashions I have fun shopping... and how much more so with my mom! I'm also realizing that my wardrobe has been primarily blacks & neutral colors because they tend not to draw attention and black is slimming- I can now wear the more 'out there' colors because I have the confidence to pull it off. For instance, last night I got a suit that is a 40's-war-time-era cut suit in blue & green tweed-looking fabric. Very 'out there' as in not subdued in color or cut. I don't think I would even have considered it when I wasn't happy with the way I looked.

So, thank you, mom, for buying me a cool suit and thank you for a wonderful two days- may there be more to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home