Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Wow!

I am pretty impressed with myself, I must say. Last night I went shopping with Cara and bought, among other things, a dress from New York & Company. It's a pretty casual dress that kind of looks like a cropped-sleeve polo, but really long, and is a pale pastel blue. Periwinkle, really. Anyways, I have never been able to wear this style dress before because it's an 'honest' style- you can see the folds, bulges, shape and size of everything between your mid-thigh and collarbones. I have to say, this new dress looks amazing- and I feel amazing in it!

I'm also proud beyond belief to say that I'm officially a size 8, though most of the people who read this blog will say I've been officially a size 8 for a long time. I'm now convinced that when I go into a store, I need to be taking size 8's into the dressing room, and I don't have to take a size 10 also 'just in case'. That's not to say all size 8's fit me, but those that don't are the exception, not the rule. Pretty cool coming from a girl who started WW a year & 3 months ago wearing a women's size 16 and weighing nearly 200 pounds (196 to be exact). I WI today, and I plan on reporting then- but my guess is I'm somewhere in the area of 147- on the cusp of 50 pounds lost!!

Here's a visual for ya! 50 pounds equals 6 gallons of milk, 10 bags of flour, 10 sacks of potatoes, 40 medium cantelopes, 200 sticks of butter, or the average amount of meat I put on a Shabbat table for 8!

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger zevbrokeit said...

50 lbs = 5,000 M&Ms

 

Post a Comment

<< Home