Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Work Work Work!

Since I started weight watchers in February, 2003, my long-term goal has been to work for Weight Watchers International. More specifically, I want to be a leader for a kosher meeting and, if possible, help WW develop a kosher cookbook and to refine the kosher search of recipes on the website. (Right now, if you search for kosher dishes on ww.com, you will get about ½ of the possibilities that are actually on the site. There are hundreds more which are kosher, but for some reason don’t come up in a kosher search.)

Two weeks ago, I asked my leader about the requirements for working for WW, and she indicated that if you are within 10 pounds of your goal, you can start working as a weigher/receptionist. You have to be at goal/lifetime membership to be a leader, but everyone has to start as a weigher, anyways- I asked her to pass on my information to the territory manager, Lisa, who happens to be my old leader- my favorite leader.

Two days ago, I got ‘the call’ from Dorothy. She said there is a real demand for weighers/receptionists in the Loop, and that so long as I could get 1 ½ - 2 hours for lunch time, I could start working meetings every day! I’m so excited- for so long this has been the final goal, and now I’m seeing it come to fruition. I mean, I still have about 8 pounds to go, but the light at the end of the tunnel is beginning to shine!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home