Friday, June 18, 2004

Strawberry-Kiwi Crystal Light Slurpee

I have come to truly appreciate 7-11. As many of my blogging regulars know, I am a coffee fiend. Fiend, I tell you! Although my natural tendency has always been towards Starbucks coffee, I have come to realize that I really don’t like their drip coffee. Starbucks is unbeatable when it comes to ‘mixed’ drink coffees, frappucinos, and other such delights. But in the drip department, I find their coffee rather bitter- and expensive to boot. 7-11, on the other hand, has excellent drip coffees, for much less.

This afternoon I was really needing coffee, and had in mind to spend the 4 points on my stock sugar-free vanilla soy latte from Starbucks. However, I needed to detour to a convenience store, and ended up across the street from 7-11. I read this as a sign that I should save my 4 points for Bryan’s cooking at dinner tonight (always a wise decision as Bryan is an excellent chef). However, 7-11 didn’t have the kind of brew I wanted up and ready to go, and the slurpee machine caught my eye. They had Strawberry-Kiwi Crystal Light slurpees on tap, and at 2 points/22 oz, I thought that was a good compromise. Bad thinking.

Regular Strawberry-Kiwi Crystal Light is excellent. However, this slurpee is by far the worst slurpee I have ever had. It’s too tart, it’s too sweet, and it’s kinda making me sick. Diet Pepsi slurpees are the way to go in the future.

Y’know, either that or the soy latte.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home