Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Name That Craving

Recently, I’ve realized that I don’t necessarily know how to accurately identify my cravings. I still have cravings but since I haven’t been eating a lot of the stuff I used to eat, I don’t know how to accurately identify what exactly I’m craving!

Last night, I seriously spent 20 minutes spacing out to TV while trying to identify what I wanted to eat- I knew it was cold, creamy and sweet. For the life of me I couldn’t figure it out! Milk? Cantaloupe? Gazpacho? I wandered to the fridge, the freezer, and for some reason, the pantry- which isn’t cold. It wasn’t until I looked in the garbage (don’t ask) and saw the empty tub of light non-dairy whipped topping (aka Cool Whip) that I realized I wanted ice cream- specifically, one of those rectangular graham-cracker ice cream sandwiches the ice cream truck sells. Duh! Alas, I had no ice cream in the house, so like a good weight watcher, I went to bed.

Tonight, I wanted something smooth, hot, and voluminous- the kind of food you take BIG mouthfuls of at one time. Again, I stood in the living room, spacing out while watching Farbrengiton practice until DH took me by the elbow and led me into the kitchen, where he asked me- ‘what do you want to eat? I can help make anything you want.’ (ain’t he sweet?) I looked at him with the most confused face and said, ‘I can’t believe it, but I don’t know! I can’t remember what this craving is for!’ So I finally ordered French onion soup and a burrito-like (8-point) dish from the local dive… Now, as I’m blogging, I realize I wanted a bowl of pasta- either mac & cheese or pasta with melted margarine and salt (an old-time low-income favorite of mine).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home