Thursday, October 14, 2004

The WI Routine

All Weight Watchers I know have a weigh-in routine. I have my routine. The most important aspect of this routine is the WI outfit. Temperature and weather notwithstanding, the WI outfit remains the same: just-below-knee-length khaki skirt, little short-sleeve t-shirt, beret. Today, the t-shirt is covered by a sweater and the skirt is augmented with knee-high leather boots as a nod to the cold, which will both be removed before stepping on the scale. My work ID and watch will also be removed lest they add 0.2 lbs to the readout.

The WI routine actually starts approximately 18 hours prior to the actual weigh-in, because a sodium-filled dinner the night before can reek havoc. Last night's dinner was couscous and sautéed mushrooms with garlic, thyme and balsamic vinegar and a banana. Water is key. The WI morning starts with a large coffee (or latte), because caffeine wards off hunger. Breakfast is delayed as long as possible, and is as light (in weight) as possible thereafter. Water is now limited. WI is at 12:30 p.m., and is immediately preceded by a trip to the washroom. I remove my vestments, stand on the scale with my hands on my hips, and take one deep breath. My weigher reports. I step down. The routine is complete, only to be repeated one week hence.

I weigh in today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home