Thursday, August 19, 2004

Water and The Word

Today is not a good day WW-mind-wise. I'm not posting about it. I'm just sulking in it. Suffice it to say I'm going to try to have a private meeting with Lisa, my WW leader, because I can not continue off program like this.

However, in being the proactive weight watcher I am, I sought support at the message boards on ww.com today, specifically Challenge Central, to try joining a group of challengers. One of the very interesting challenges currently going on there is called "Water and The Word". While this is decidedly a Christian group of WWers, and therefore not my venue, it's a great idea- the idea is that every time you feel like eating for a non-hunger reason, you drink one glass of water and read a verse of scripture. Doesn't that accomplish two ends? Drinking water satiates the physical desire to ingest something, and if you feel like eating for a non-hunger reason, there's probably something you're lacking emotionally or spiritually. What better reason to seek divine assistance/consolation? Not to mention that saying a chapter of Tehillim at that moment will take up time- and if the verses themselves don't alleviate the want-to-eat feeling, maybe the sheer time it takes to say them will.

To that end, I'm going to focus on my after-food blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home