Tuesday, August 17, 2004

I'm slipping...

I'm pretty sure I'm slipping completely away from the program. Maybe after a year and a half, I'm tapped out of emotional stick-with-it-ness? Maybe it's just the move and lack of kitchen availablity? Maybe it's resting on my laurels? I don't know what it is- but I'm decidedly not on program.

For about two weeks now I've been telling DH that, while I'm not planning and preparing week to week and day to day like I used to, I was keeping track of my points and watching what I eat. Yeah- I was lying to him, and myself. While I know how many points each individual food item is, I couldn't tell you how many points I ate two days ago if I had to. I couldn't tell you what I'm going to eat tomorrow- because I have no clue. These are very odd occurrences for me.

I had established a pattern such that, if you asked me what I was going to eat on Wednesday, I could tell you down to the creamer in my coffee as early as the previous Sunday evening. Why? Because I planned it out on Sunday. And I cooked/bought all the food I would need for the whole week. I pre-journal on ww.com every morning, and adjust as the day goes on. I post mental aspects here and analyze focus-points for the week (be it water, veggies, etc.) at my weekly meetings. I was, in essence, on my game- and I lost most of the time.

The last couple of weeks have been disasterous, and I'm concerned as to how easy it has been to choose nachos over a low-point baked wrap, to choose to snack on a chocolate bar instead of melon, to stare at my water bottle while thirsty, and not drink- so as to not have to get up for the bathroom. It's really unbelievable to me that I could be so lazy as to not drink water so as not to have to pee! I mean, COME on!

All the habits and tendencies I had developed, pretty much, are out the window. I still slide out new food products in the supermarket aisles, but even just this morning, I slid out an Empire microwave meal at 9 points- and threw it in the basket anyways. I mean, there was a different micro meal for 4 points, but WHATever. Why? WHY? What is going on with me?

For a while I've been saying that exercise and water are the keys to my continued success- but the key to my continued maintenance is points, and if I don't start getting back on my game, all the exercise in the world won't make a difference.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home