Thursday, July 29, 2004

WHATever

I know I haven't been blogging for a while, but I wanted to check in.  I'm still here.  I'm still doin' what I'm doin'.  But I'm not really doin' WW.  I mean, I have to be honest with myself.  What used to be a moment of weakness wherein I'd guzzle milk straight from the carton for a minute straight, has turned into moments of WHATever-ness wherein I guzzle grape juice.  Grape juice, needless to say, is considerably higher in points without the added bonus of providing calcium- and it comes in larger jugs, too.

DH and I close on our first home, a condo in West Rogers Park, tomorrow.  Tomorrow!  We decided we need a bit more frumkeit (and a little less rent payment) about two months ago, and here we are closing tomorrow.  Let me tell you, the end of the month became the end of the week real fast.  So, because we're chin-deep in closing costs and down payments, we've been saving money- which means eating that which we have in the house.  We've also been quite busy arranging everything, which means less energy to put towards avoid those moments of weakness.  So, I've been maintaining- but not losing.  At least I know that when it comes to maintenance, I've got that down.  This could be interpreted as success, as I'm not gaining- but I'm also not at goal, when I really feel like I should be.    I'm just trying to hold on to a phrase that I believe my holy mother once told me:  Don't should on yourself...

At this point, it is very clear to me that exercise and water are the keys to my continued weight loss success on WW.  They say humans can go 2 weeks without food, but only 3 days without water- apparently I can go 2 months without water, because I'm still here, and I haven't been drinking drop one.  I let minor injuries interrupt my exercise routine, and never got it back.  I'm convinced that if I could get back to my 3-4 session per week routine at Curves, and my 100 ounces of water per day, I could lose my last 7 pounds in two months, which would put me at lifetime by our 2nd wedding anniversary.  I suppose that could be my new short-term goal...  but WHATever.  y'know?  WHATever.

blah blah blah and all that shtuss.  I'll get it back-  I have to, for myself.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home