Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Deep Thoughts on Ping Pong

I just got back from an early WI (my usual day is Thursday), and though I do admit I'm wearing a heavy skirt today, which may have added 0.4, I knew I'd be up- and I was. Last week I lost 1.6, this week I gained 1.6. The thing is, I'm not inclined to say I'm yo-yo-ing... rather, I'm ping-ponging. Stick with me here: To yo-yo, you have action on the downward motion, as well as the upward motion. You throw the yo-yo down (lose weight), and pull the yo-yo up (gain weight). Ping pong, however, one party only needs action on the 'away' motion. The return is, pretty much, out of the server's control.

Over the past couple weeks (aka The Summer O' Simcha), I have been either vehemently OP or simply lackadaisical. Not exactly overeating/binging, but just not over-enthusiastic. That's why I say ping-pong... I do an action and lose weight (serve!), and then sit back, do very little, and gain weight (return!). To take this semi-stretched metaphor even further, there is one way in ping-pong that the server can prevent the return... serve so well that only Forrest Gump could return it!

Therefore, I'm drowning my faceless competitor with a re-renewed commitment to 100 oz of water per day, and I'm going to spread my flex points out throughout the week, rather than throwing them all at Shabbat. (more on that last thought later)

So far today, I have 94 oz of water to go.

Oy vey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home