Thursday, August 26, 2004

Ode to My Leader

YYYYYYYYY
We love you, Lisa
Oh, yes we do
No one explains the plan
as well as you
When you're not teaching us
we're blue!
Oh, Lisa, we love you!
YYYYYYYYY

First of all, I was wrong yesterday when I said that the plan couldn't be explained in a half hour. Lisa did it... with time to celebrate weight loss success of the week and congratulate a new lifetime member! I got to ask my questions- bison should be core and Rice Krispies aren't core because Kellogg's adds sugar. However, Kellogg's apparently also makes a puffed rice cereal, which is core. She also focused the program on "non-processed foods" rather than "wholesome, natural" foods. The language was tripping me up, because who's to say that avocados aren't wholesome and natural? At the same time, I was trying to understand why tomato sauce from a can is core, but marinara sauce from a jar isn't. Jared marinara sauce is processed with additives, preservatives, etc etc etc. Canned tomato sauce is, essentially, cooked pureed tomatoes. That being said, if you make your own marinara sauce using core foods, its core! Same with all recipes. A chicken breast and broccoli microwave meal is not core... your homemade chicken breast with steamed broccoli is. Fine - done - I understand.

Thank you, Lisa!

Oh, and BTW, I lost 2.6 this week. As Miryam says, Ye-ah, baby!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home