Thursday, August 26, 2004

Cholent is Core!

So, I've been relatively worried about the new Core plan, but let me tell you - I've been following Core since Monday, and today at WI, I lost 2.6!!! So, I'm sold.


That being said, one of the foods I miss very much is cholent. Cholent, the way DH and I make it, is decidely not low-fat or points friendly in any respect. However, it is Core. Amazing how that works, huh? Here's what goes in ours, and believe me it changes every week.

  • Bison ribs and/or beef stew bones
  • canned kidney and black beans
  • vegetarian baked beans
  • potatoes (red or white, scrubbed, with skin)
  • barley
  • spices (including but not limited to chili powder, garlic powder, beef boullion, crushed red pepper, fennel, Meat Magic, etc etc. Pretty much anything, really)
  • fresh chopped peppers (jalepenos, banana peppers, serranos or, if we're really adventerous, a habenero)
  • water

All of those ingredients are core, and therefore, cholent is core. No more counting out my weekly allotment and willpowering it to eat something else when I've had my 1 cup... I'll have chollent for lunch, please!

p.s. DH also adds bourbon and/or honey or maple syrup for a sweeter cholent, but those two items aren't core.

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.googlism.com/index.htm?ism=cholent&type=2

-DH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home