Friday, September 03, 2004

Fresh Start!

Yesterday our new appliances (range, microwave, refrigerator) came- new new new- no kashering, no scrubbing, and best of all, no other-people-smell! In honor of our new kitchen, I stocked it with fresh core foods... puffed rice, puffed wheat and shredded wheat cereals, a full gallon of skim milk and a new try- WestSoy Fat-Free Vanilla Soy Milk, plums, oranges, cantelope, tomatoes, cucumber, green peppers, bison, chicken breasts, and 2 1/2 dozen eggs! I'll finally be able to eat without ordering delivery! Very exciting, though it may not sound so...

Today is also the first day of a new week, which means a full 35 allowance points, and a fully stocked kitchen will be a big boost. I stayed home yesterday with a stomach bug (read: stress & exhaustion), so I missed my meeting- I'm going to try to get to a WI sometime today 'cause I really want to know how core treated me last week.

So, with that kind of fresh start, why am I having such a Murphy's Law day?! I didn't plan enough time this morning to take care of Pepito (my friend's African Gray), and left late- didn't have time to dry my hair and didn't get my morning coffee. Got downtown just to realize I'd forgotten my work ID at home, and will have to borrow keys for the bathroom all day. Spilled 1/2 of my Diet Mt. Dew in my shoulder bag, ruining my brand new Complete Food Companion and stickying up everything else... I should sit quietly at my desk all day so nothing else happens!! At least Monday is Labor Day, and maybe the office will close early today (halavai!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home