Monday, September 06, 2004

Ah, Exercise

Let's me be honest. Exercise is, in general, not fun. You sweat, your muscles hurt, you're out of breath... it's simply not fun. The benefits from exercise are very 'fun', but exercise itself is not often my favorite activity.

That being said, for a very long time I've been of the opinion that my weight loss has been impeded by my lack of exercise and water consumption. About two weeks ago I reinstated my Curves membership, and today I actually used it. I'm so out of shape. Four months off Curves, and I was ready to quit half-way through my second rotation. My heartrate should be around 25, and was up around 27 (acceptable)... but it felt like it was up around 33! I used to spend about a half hour after each session stretching and gaining flexibility. I've lost most of it. I got measured, and have lost 5 pounds since I've been there, but I haven't lost any significant inches- which is what exercise is for.

Directly after working out I came home, changed right back into my PJs and went back to sleep. I'll get back in shape- but it was certainly a wake-up call this morning!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home