Monday, December 06, 2004

I did it, I did it, I SO did it!

Tonight, I went running. Yes, oh yes, Becky went running. Not too much running, only a minute at a time, but I started the journey which will ultimately lead to running 5K. The Couch to 5K program I mentioned in an earlier post was delayed due to some ungodly substance falling from the sky which can only be described as snain. However, this is Chicago and tonight's weather was mid-50s. Go figure!

I walked for 5 minutes, and then alternated running for 1 minute and walking for 90 seconds for a total of 20 additional minutes. Then I walked the rest of the way home, which was about 3 minutes. Then I took a really really long shower. Needless to say, the shower was my favorite part. My wonderful DH cooked dinner (steak, rice with mushrooms & onions, and frozen veggies- so wonderful he is), so all I had to do was sit and enjoy. Halfway through dinner I realized it was only 7:30! It's amazing how little time meaningful exercise takes when you just go out and do it!

1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Becky said...

owwwie :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home